Health & Safety
STATEMENT OF INTENT
The Board of Directors of Masterson Holdings Limited believe that the Health and Safety of its workforce and others affected by its operations should serve as equal importance to issues such as Quality, Cost and Production within the companies business. The Group consists of three individual companies compromising of Getjar, Atlantic Contracts and Glencoe Plant Services. Each company is managed independently although this Policy applies equally to all those within Masterson Holdings (the Organisation). This Policy will overlap and integrate with both our Environmental, Quality and other Policies incorporated into the business.
In accepting their responsibility, the Board of Directors aim to provide ‘so far as is reasonably practicable’ a working environment that is Safe and without Risk to Health, by paying particular attention to
- The provision and maintenance of plant and systems of work that are safe and without risk to health
- Arrangements for ensuring safety and absence of risks to health in connection with the use, handling, storage and transportation of articles and substances
- The provision of such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to ensure the health and safety of all persons connected with its undertakings
- The provision and maintenance of safe access and egress within the working environment
- The provision and maintenance of adequate facilities and arrangements for the welfare at work of all the companies employees.
The Board of Directors believe that it is the responsibility of all employees to perform their assigned duties safely, by following the Companies established Safe Working Procedures.
The success of this policy will depend on the active co-operation of all Management, Employees, Contractors and Visitors, who have a duty to offer all necessary assistance in order to ensure the Health and Safety of themselves and others who maybe affected out of, or in connection with the companies undertakings. Our organisation seeks to enhance its performance in all aspects of Health and Safety through continous improvement. No disciplinary action will be taken in the event that an employee refuses to work on the grounds of Health and Safety.
In order to ensure the implementation of this policy, the Board of Directors have appointed A Chowings as the Director responsible for Health and Safety. Organisational responsibilities and Arrangements are laid within the companies Health and Safety policy document.
The Board of Directors are therefore ultimately responsible for ensuring a safe and healthy working environment
Managing Director July 2011